If you haven’t had the opportunity to see the magic of the San Antonio River Walk lit up for Christmas, stop what you’re doing and plan that immediately.
Through January 7th, the famous holiday lights enliven the famed River Walk with more than 122,000 lights. The lights are a gift to the public from the San Antonio River Walk Association and the City of San Antonio. The San Antonio River Authority, has also contributed the lights to the North Downtown Pearl District. Boat tours and taxi information are available on goriocruises.com
Speaking of the Pearl, (a personal favorite SA location of mine), there are TONS of events going on through the holiday season! Here are a few:
- Chanukah at Pearl – Menorah Lighting Celebration | Monday, December 18, The Historic Pearl, 6:00 p.m.
- Posada at Pearl -More info | Tuesday, December 19, Pearl Park, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Holiday Canciones – “Jazz Christmas” | Thursday, December 21, Pearl Park, 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Holiday Night Market – Music by Las Coronelas | Thursday, December 21, Parkito at Pearl, 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Holiday Caroling with YOSA | Friday, December 22, Bottling Dept. Patio, 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Whether you’re just visiting for the holidays or you’re lucky enough to call The Alamo City home, there are so many things to do and see!
And in case you don’t have any plans to ring in the New year, we’ve got you covered!
Sunday, December 31, join us as we Celebrate 300: San Antonio’s 300th Celebration Kick-Off + New Year’s Eve! This event is free and will run from 4 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. There will be tons of live music on three different stages, including Grammy award winner Pat Benetar & Neil Giraldo and Grammy-nominated American rock band, REO Speedwagon. Family activities, an 80-foot Ferris wheel, outdoor movies and performances at the Magik Theatre will also be part of the celebration! The entire night will be concluded by an amazing firework display. For more information on the New Year’s Eve kick-off and San Antonio’s Tricentennial, please visit 300 San Antonio’s website.