Why San Antonio?
Placed perfectly in the heart of the Hill Country, San Antonio offers a unique blend of metropolitan energy and small-town charm. For those looking to enjoy all that the big city has to offer, the downtown, Pearl Brewery, and Alamo Heights areas bring you an urban lifestyle close to shopping, nightlife, art, fine dining, and work. Within a short drive, however, you could find yourself living the Hill Country life in neighboring Boerne, Helotes, or Bulverde, with room to roam and easy access to the city.
- Population of San Antonio: 1,532,233
- Population of Bexar County: 1,986,049
- We’re the 7th largest city in America and 2nd largest city in Texas.
- Our climate enjoys 300 days of sunshine annually and an average temperature of 70 degrees.
- San Antonio has the top tourist attractions in Texas: The Alamo and The River Walk.
- San Antonio’s military establishments include: Fort Sam Houston, Lackland Air Force Base, Randolph Air Force Base, and Brooks City-Base with Camp Bullis and Camp Stanley right outside the city.
- We sit at the intersection of two pan-American highways: IH-10 which runs from coast-to-coast, and IH-35 which runs from Canada to Mexico.
City of San Antonio tax abatement policies allow companies in many different industries to apply for a reduction in taxes if certain criteria are met.
Pollution Control Property
Along with the Texas Natural Resource and Conservation Commission, the Bexar County Appraisal District (BCAD) offers partial up to full exemption from specified taxes for facilities, devices, or methods that control pollution.
This policy allows an exemption of up to 100 percent of personal property taxes on goods-in-transit, or inventories used in a manufacturing process if the inventory items are moved out of Texas within 175 days.