Date(s) - October 19, 2021 - October 22, 2021
United States Capitol
Early Bird rate now available through june 14
For decades, San Antonio business, military and community leaders have traveled to Washington, D.C., to promote and drive important initiatives that benefit San Antonio’s business community and ensure the city remains the best place to live, work, and play. We invite you to be a part of this community tradition and join us for our 43rd annual SA to DC trip scheduled for October 19 – 22, 2021.
This year’s SA to DC trip will be under the leadership of Ashley Harris, Director of Government Relations with USAA. Together with our partners, we will lead a delegation of leaders to our nation’s capital for three days of advocacy covering infrastructure, public and higher education, access and affordability of healthcare, as well as sustaining and growing our military missions.
In 2020, before the pandemic, we were fortunate enough to host our most attended fly-in to date with more than 220 participants who successfully assisted with achieving the following wins for San Antonio:
- Passage of the United Stated-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA);
- Secured the final $26 million installment of reimbursement from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for the Mission Reach Ecosystem Restoration and Recreation Project;
- Secured $3.5 million from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) FY20 Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) to support critical cybersecurity efforts;
- Passage of the FY 2021 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which authorizes the use of cost savings realized from the Intergovernmental Service/Support Agreements (IGSA) for installation support services; and
- Secured Defense Community Infrastructure Program (DCIP) funding and restructure of language to focus on mission resilience, military value, and quality of life (in order) as well as corrected local match to 30%.
We have several options for pricing for registration, air travel, and lodging.
Hotel accommodations will be at:
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Downtown Convention Center
901 L. Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
*Rooming list managed by Chamber staff*
Air travel accommodations are booked as follows:
Tuesday, October 19
Southwest Flight 3721 (9:05 AM – 2:50 PM) SAT – DCA
* One stop in ATL with no plane change
Friday, October 22
Southwest Flight 1365 | 3121 (9:35 AM – 3:00 PM) DCA – TPA – SAT
Sponsor SA to DC!
Register for 2021 SA to DC
For information on SA to DC, contact Andrew Gorman, Director of Special Events, at 210-229-2129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.