Date(s) - February 02, 2020 - February 06, 2020
United States Capitol
For decades, San Antonio business, military and community leaders have advocated on behalf of the needs of this great city and its residents together in Washington, DC. We invite you to be a part of this community tradition and join us for our 42nd annual SA to DC trip scheduled for February 3 – 6, 2020.
This year’s SA to DC trip will be under the leadership of Taylor Dawson, Vice President of Land Development with Pape – Dawson Engineers. Together with our partners, we will lead a delegation of leaders to our nation’s capital for three days of advocacy covering infrastructure needs and trade to workforce development. In 2019, we had more than 180 participants successfully assist with achieving the following wins for San Antonio:
- $3.25 million secured funding from the Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) to support critical cybersecurity efforts;
- $4.445 million provided by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for Mission Reach Ecosystem Restoration and Recreation Project reimbursement;
- Successfully campaigned for San Antonio to host the Department of Defense Warrior Games in 2020;
- Supporting the removal of tariffs on steel and aluminum from Mexico, Canada, and various European nations;
- Demonstrating a strong opposition to the 2020 Census citizenship question.
SA to DC Planning Meetings will be hosted at Pape-Dawson Engineers (2000 NW Loop 410) on the following dates:
Monday, November 4 at 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, December 18 at 3:30 p.m.
Monday, January 6 at 3:30 p.m.
*A final planning meeting will be scheduled the week prior to our trip to DC and will be posted soon.
Please RSVP for these meetings and add them to your calendar by this link.
We have several options for pricing for registration, air travel, and lodging. Book now before prices increase after December 2.
Hotel accommodations will be at:
Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
901 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001
*Rooming list managed by Chamber staff*
Air travel accommodations are booked as follows:
Sunday, February 2
Southwest Flight 5370 / 3167 (9:15 AM – 3:55 PM) SAT – DAL – DCA
Monday, February 3
Southwest Flight 1550 / 5777 (8:55 AM – 3:20 PM) SAT – HOU – DCA
ALL RETURNS on Flight 1537 with no plane change:
Thursday, February 6
Southwest Flight 1537 (10:40 AM – 3:05 PM) DCA – SAT
Join us in DC!
Standard 3-Day Packages
Extended 4-Day Packages
For information on SA to DC, contact Belinda Garza Hartwig, VP of Economic Development, at 210-229-2199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.