Public Affairs Council
Suzanne Scott, 2017 Public Affairs Council Chair
General Manager, San Antonio River Authority
The Public Affairs Council is the primary voice in advocating for members on government and public affairs. The council gathers input from committees, members, and partnering organizations and communicates the concerns and positions of the business community to local, state, and federal elected officials and government agencies.
To learn more about how you can join a committee within our Public Affairs Council, contact Stephanie Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-229-2162.
Juan Antonio Flores, 2017 Committee Chair
Executive Vice President of Government Affairs, Port San Antonio
The Legislative Committee creates and implements the Chamber’s state and federal legislative agendas developed by Chamber committees who identify issues that impact San Antonio’s business climate. The committee also researches, discusses, and implements the Chamber’s legislative priorities during the Texas State Legislative Session, special sessions, and the interims.
Energy and Sustainability Committee
Brandon Seale, 2017 Committee Chair
President, Howard Energy Mexico
The Energy and Sustainability Committee identifies and supports long-term, cost-effective energy sources and policies to promote sustainability for economic growth in our community.
Interested in making your business sustainable and more energy efficient? Visit these websites for more information on sustainable business practices in our community.
- Build San Antonio Green: Program that provides a variety of options for builders wishing to build green, in both new construction and the retrofit of existing structures.
- Commercial HVAC Rebates: CPS Energy program to cut down your company’s biggest expense: heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Commercial Lighting Rebates: CPS Energy program to defray the costs of lighting improvements.
- Commercial Demand Response: CPS Energy program rewards you for reducing energy use during peak demand days.
- Commercial Solar Rebates: CPS Energy program that offers rebates when solar photovoltaic (PV) systems are installed.
- UTSA Sustainable Business Program: Helps small businesses understand and adopt sustainable business practices to benefit both the bottom line and the environment.
Rene Ruiz, 2017 Committee Chair
Regulatory Attorney, Dykema Cox Smith
The Water Committee works to identify and support long-term political solutions to ensure an adequate, affordable, and quality supply of water on a regional basis.
Vic Boyer, 2017 Committee Chair
President & CEO, San Antonio Mobility Coalition
The Transportation Committee advocates for new and innovative methods of transportation funding that satisfy the infrastructure needs of San Antonio and the region.