Public Policy Council
Tyler Lowe, 2020 Public Policy Council Chair
Manager, Community and Government Relations, Vulcan Materials
The Public Policy Council is the primary voice in advocating for members on government and public affairs. The council gathers input from committees, members, and partnering organizations and communicates the concerns and positions of the business community to local, state, and federal elected officials and government agencies.
To learn more about how you can join a committee within our Public Policy Council, contact Stephanie Reyes at email@example.com or call 210-229-2162.
Legislative Advisory Committee
Jaymie Mangelsdorf, 2020 Committee Chair
Senior Executive Director for Government Relations, UT Health San Antonio
The Legislative Advisory Committee creates and implements the Chamber’s state and federal legislative agendas developed by Chamber committees who identify issues that impact San Antonio’s business climate. The committee also researches, discusses, and implements the Chamber’s legislative priorities during the Texas State Legislative Session, special sessions, and the interims.
Energy and Sustainability Committee
The Energy and Sustainability Committee identifies and supports long-term, cost-effective energy sources and policies to promote sustainability for economic growth in our community.
Interested in making your business sustainable and more energy efficient? Visit these websites for more information on sustainable business practices in our community.
- Build San Antonio Green: Program that provides a variety of options for builders wishing to build green, in both new construction and the retrofit of existing structures.
- Commercial HVAC Rebates: CPS Energy program to cut down your company’s biggest expense: heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Commercial Lighting Rebates: CPS Energy program to defray the costs of lighting improvements.
- Commercial Demand Response: CPS Energy program rewards you for reducing energy use during peak demand days.
- Commercial Solar Rebates: CPS Energy program that offers rebates when solar photovoltaic (PV) systems are installed.
- UTSA Sustainable Business Program: Helps small businesses understand and adopt sustainable business practices to benefit both the bottom line and the environment.
The Water Committee works to identify and support long-term political solutions to ensure an adequate, affordable, and quality supply of water on a regional basis.
The Transportation Committee advocates for new and innovative methods of transportation funding that satisfy the infrastructure needs of San Antonio and the region.
¡VIVA San Antonio!
¡VIVA San Antonio! is the Chamber’s biennial advocacy day in Austin that allows San Antonio business and community leaders the opportunity to meet with key state legislators and agency leaders.