Before a packed audience at the Chamber’s Annual Gala, the Chamber Foundation recognized 11 of the city’s young talent with the Ed Whitacre Scholarship. Formed in 2010, the Ed Whitacre Leadership Scholarship Program recognizes young, rising leaders attending one of our local universities. This year, thanks to the AT&T Foundation, the program was able to award scholarships totaling $100,000.00. Nine university students will each be receiving $10,000.00 in scholarship funds with two students from our Alamo Colleges receiving $5,000.00 each.
“This year’s recipients represent a great cross-section of our community to include first-generation students, parents returning to school to complete their educational dreams, innovators, and a future member of our military,” said Richard Perez, President & CEO of the Chamber. “These scholars will help move our future forward with their ingenuity, innovation and grit.”
Our 11 Ed Whitacre Scholars will also be paired with mentors for the next year to assist in their continued professional development and growth.
This year’s Ed Whitacre Scholars are:
• Emily Braun, Texas Lutheran University
• Iliana De La Cruz, St. Mary’s University
• Faith Deckard, Trinity University
• Alexandra “Sasha” Faust, Trinity University
• Wesley Greene, UTSA
• Venkata Anisha Guda, UTSA
• Paul Hamilton, UTSA
• Atenas Moctezuma, San Antonio College
• Matthew Mussenden, UTSA
• Ramil Rodriguez, University of the Incarnate Word
• Youngsil Whipple, St. Philip’s College