For the third year in a row, SA Works is actively recruiting local employers to host students for jobs during the summer of 2017. Committed to growing awareness and interest among San Antonio’s youth, SA Works has multiple opportunities for engagement with students for work-based learning opportunities. The Summer Jobs 2017 program is another way for students to gain that experience and exposure to the world of work, which is vitally important to our future workforce.
Some of the benefits of internships include:
- For young adults,
- Real-world experience, exposure to possible career pathways, and ways to evaluate them appropriately
- The ability to learn and practice essential skills such as timeliness, teamwork, and communications that will help make them successful no matter their occupation
- For employers,
- Creates a robust pipeline for the next generation of talent
- Helps drive new ideas in the workplace
- Can help solve the growing problem of filling a critical skills gap in your company
Employers like Toyota, East Central ISD, Morningside Ministries, HEB, Methodist Healthcare Ministries, San Antonio Museum of Art, American Fire Protection Group, and CPS Energy have already committed to the program! There is time still available to sign-up and work with a student this summer. (Enrollment deadline is April 21). If you are interested in more information or in registering to participate in SA Works’ Summer Jobs 2017 Program, contact SA Works Program Director, Shauna Goodman.