The San Antonio Chamber will be traveling to South Africa March 10 – 19, 2018, and we want you to join us. During this once-in-a-lifetime South African Adventure and Safari, you will visit Kruger National Park, the wine-producing region of Cape winelands, and Cape Town. If you are not sold already, see the top 5 reasons you should join us.
- Winelands: March is the ideal time to visit the South African Winelands because the weather is warm and sunny, and there is minimal wind. The magnificent mountain ranges around Stellenbosch provide the ideal climate for the vines to produce some of the tantalizing wines you will try on this trip. Some of the world’s most popular wines, excellent cuisine, and magnificent scenery collectively create an irresistible experience.
- Game Sanctuaries: During this trip, you will experience one of South Africa’s best private game reserves at the famous Kruger National Park, which is home to amazing Big 5 (lion, elephant, leopard, buffalo, and rhino) game viewing. This wildlife sanctuary is like no other, its atmosphere is so unique that it allows those who enter its vastness to immerse themselves in the unpredictability and endless wilderness that is the true quality of Africa.
- Scenery: From hilly mountains to pristine white beaches, South Africa has some of the most majestic and outstanding vistas imaginable. You will have the opportunity to ride a cable car to the top of iconic Table Mountain (weather permitting) for stunning views over Cape Town and venture outside the city to see the beautiful Cape Point Nature Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its rich and unique flora.
- The History: South Africa hosts the 2.3-million-year-old fossil nicknamed Mrs. Ples, and the first humans are believed to have inhabited South Africa more than 100,000 years ago. For a taste of more recent history, it is perhaps best illustrated in a visit to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela spent 18 years of his incarceration alongside other political prisoners under Apartheid. You can also visit the Hector Pieterson museum, the symbol for youth resistance.
- Adventure: Considered the adventure capital of the world, you can go almost anywhere in South Africa and experience the ultimate combination of nature, wildlife, culture, adventure, heritage and vibe.
Learn more about our upcoming trip to South Africa. Join us for our first Information Session:
July 20, 2017 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Northside Business Center
1100 NW Loop 410, Suite 109, San Antonio, TX 78213