2018 has been an extremely busy and exiting year for your San Antonio Chamber of Commerce. Your Chamber has spent the past 11 months playing an active and engaged role at the local, state, and federal levels and focusing on several initiatives that will result in an improved business climate, growth, and development for San Antonio, including:
- Launching the Project Ability task force and hosting the Project Ability Summit, which brought together employers, school district leaders, non-profits and government agencies to discuss ways to engage individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) in local employment opportunities.
- Defeating the City’s efforts to include a Labor Peace Agreement (LPA) requirement within the Request for Proposals (RFP) for Food, Beverage and Retail Prime Concessionaire at the San Antonio International Airport.
- Pushing for a strong, modernized NAFTA, including testifying before Congress and traveling to Canada and Mexico to promote the benefits of the agreement.
- Leading a record-breaking annual SA to DC trip and securing a portion of more than $70 billion in funding through the collaborative advocacy
- Successfully advocated for the selection of Joint Base San Antonio to provide host to the consolidation and housing of the U.S. Air Force’s Battlefield Airman Training (BAT) program from among 8 other cities.
None of this could be accomplished without the support of our valued members, who have been right by our side providing the necessary guidance and insight to complete this critical work. Join us on December 13 from 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center as we look back on these accomplishments and many more. In addition, we will celebrate the year of service from 2018 Chair Shaun Kennedy and welcome in our 2019 Chair Paula Gold-Williams. You may even be the lucky winner of a brand new 2018 Toyota Tacoma. Don’t miss out on our largest and most festive event of the year!
For registration and sponsorship opportunities, please visit our website https://www.sachamber.org/events/2018-annual-gala/