San Antonio’s Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Professional Network is in full swing for the new year. Focusing on providing support for San Antonio’s military spouses seeking meaningful careers is top priority for this network of experienced volunteers. Whether spouses are new to San Antonio or are seasoned community members, the MSPN connects business leaders who have job opportunities with spouses who are looking. This month’s evening events focused on building your personal brand. A panel of local branding experts discussed the importance of personal branding and provided insight into presentations, personality, professionalism, resume, and communication skills and how they all fit into the realm of personal branding.
The panel included:
- Shanna Smith, Panel Moderator / Military Spouse
- Barbara A. F. Greene, Founder & CEO, Greene and Associates, Inc./CPI
- Chuck Cureau, Director of PR for the San Antonio Zoo
- Sabrina Stang, Digital Communications Coordinator for VIA Metropolitan Transit and Owner of The Golden Speck
- Nan Palmero, Associate Director of Marketing and Communication for Texas A&M San Antonio
- Edward Leos, CEO of the Destination Marketing Group / VP of Sales and Marketing for Spectrum Advisory Group
We continue to look for business leaders who are interested in mentoring and networking with our talented military spouse professionals, as well as military spouses who are looking for career opportunities in the Alamo Area. Special thanks to the businesses who continue to support this important initiative – your efforts help to move the needle forward in solving the employment challenges of our military spouses.