Your Chamber was proud to host a reception to celebrate the top 12 Air Force recruiters as part of the Air Force Recruiting Service’s Operation Blue Suit XL program.
The program, established in 1979, honors the top performing recruiters throughout the country—those who surpassed recruiting goals, displayed the highest leadership qualities and had the most positive impact on the recruiting mission overall. Winners were selected from nearly 2,400 recruiting personnel.
The winners were:
- Master Sgt. Ashli Betts | 318th RCS
- Master Sgt. Gervacio Maldonado | 318th RCS
- Master Sgt. Trent Branstetter | 330th RCS
- Master Sgt. Jeron Hampton | 330th RCS
- Tech. Sgt. William Magill | 331st RCS
- Master Sgt. Luis Robles De Jesus | 333rd RCS
- Master Sgt. Ronald Eaves | 337th RCS
- Tech. Sgt. Joshua Wood | 339th RCS
- Tech. Sgt. Stephen White | 341st RCS
- Tech. Sgt. Shawn Kentch | 343rd RCS
- Master Sgt. Julius Lendof | 367th RCS
- Tech. Sgt. Michael Dennis | 367th RCS
In addition to the reception at the Chamber, honorees were treated to several nights at the Grand Hyatt, an award ceremony and luncheon, a behind-the-scenes tour of the missions at Joint Base San Antonio–Randolph, a day the Kahlig Ranch, and an exclusive tour of Kel-Lac Uniforms.
Sponsors from around the Military City USA included: the Air Force Recruiting Service Alumni Association, the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, USAA, Kahlig Auto Group, North Park Lincoln, Kel-Lac Uniform, Inc., Haylee James – Dunivan James Group, Broadway Bank – Randolph AFB, Scott Brooke – Keller Williams Realtor, InteLine Mortgage – Wes Kleckley. Several individuals sponsored the events as well, including: Neil and Debbie Jo Allen, Stan and Natividad Staples in memory of Stanley L. Staples, retired Maj. Gen. William Porter, Clete Buddlemeyer, Robert Flynn, George Moriarty, retired Maj. Gen. Keith McCartney, Jay and Jennifer Markus, James Watson, Chuck and Vee Edwards, and Bob and Imelda Cantu.