Join the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce for the 42nd annual SA to DC trip in partnership with the North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the San Antonio Mobility Coalition, the South San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, and the West San Antonio Chamber of Commerce.
This year’s trip will be held February 2-6, 2020, with an optional extended Super Bowl Package on February 2 for those taking additional meetings on Monday, February 3.
This year’s SA to DC trip will be under the leadership of Taylor Dawson, Vice President of Land Development with Pape – Dawson Engineers. Together with our partners, we will lead a delegation of leaders to our nation’s capital for three days of advocacy covering infrastructure needs and trade to workforce development.
In 2019, we had more than 180 participants successfully assist with achieving the following wins for San Antonio:
- $3.25 million secured funding from the Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) to support critical cybersecurity efforts;
- $4.445 million provided by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for Mission Reach Ecosystem Restoration and Recreation Project reimbursement;
- Successfully campaigned for San Antonio to host the Department of Defense Warrior Games in 2020;
- Supporting the removal of tariffs on steel and aluminum from Mexico, Canada, and various European nations;
- Demonstrating a strong opposition to the 2020 Census citizenship question.
A full list of our 2019 federal priorities is available on our registration site along with a status update on other pending priorities.
Join us on Monday, October 7 at 3:30 PM at the Pape Dawson offices (2000 NW Loop 410) for our kick-off meeting and gather information on logistics and the developing program.
We will be opening registration in September, and we hope you will make early plans to attend. For additional information, contact Belinda Garza Hartwig, Vice President of Economic Development, at 210-229-2199 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Stephanie Reyes, Vice President of Public Policy, at 210-229-2162 or email@example.com.