Your San Antonio Chamber of Commerce’s Senior Enlisted Advisory Committee (SEAC) was honored to promote and highlight the recruiting efforts of our Army partners nationwide at this week’s Committee meeting. The SEAC, chaired by Brannon Knox, Branch Manager with Veterans United and retired Navy Force Master Chief, hosted its second virtual meeting with attendees from our Chamber membership, as well as representatives from our Senior Enlisted ranks within Joint Base San Antonio.
The purpose of the SEAC is:
- To provide a forum to facilitate communication among the senior NCOs from all branches of the military in the San Antonio area
- To provide a mechanism for the military to communicate any needs/issues to the business community
- To provide a mechanism for the business community to communicate opportunities and resources available to the military and raise any issues or concerns as well.
LTC William Hermann, Commander, United States Army Recruiting Battalion, JBSA-Fort Sam Houston, provided a presentation to attendees on the Army’s first “National Hiring Days” initiative, which will run from June 30th through July 2nd with the goal of hiring 10,000 new soldiers. The San Antonio Recruiting Battalion covers a large geographic area in south and central Texas and southern New Mexico and is promoting, along with Army partners throughout the nation, the benefits of joining the best Army in the world. Army National Hiring Days is a virtual campaign showcasing the U.S. Army’s 150 full-time and part-time career options, training, benefits, and education to inspire future leaders to join the military. Career opportunities include cyber, artificial intelligence, healthcare, aviation, big data analysis and many more. Additionally, executive leadership opportunities are open for college students and graduates, and the Army is the largest provider of scholarships in the nation, enabling scholars and athletes to attend college and become officers. Active and Reserve positions are available today.
For our business and industry leaders, the Army is a way forward for displaced workers who qualify for service, especially amidst these challenging times. Additionally, our service members return to San Antonio after serving in the military with a greater breadth of knowledge, experiences, and education to invest back into our businesses and community. Military City USA is proud to be home to many military service men and women and their families, which in turn brings in additional workforce talent and a boost in our local economy.
Here are a few ways to engage from home to support Army National Hiring Days:
- Follow and share content from www.goarmy.com/hiringdays, www.army.mil, www.tradoc.army.mil
- Follow and share content from social media via Facebook @USArmyTRADOC, @cadetcommand, @USAREC, and Instagram @goarmy
- When posting, include these hashtags: #ArmyHiringDays, #hiringnow, #joinus, #jobsearch, #vacancy, and #CallToServe
- If you are a former soldier, share your story and be sure to include the hashtags above
- If you are a parent, guardian or mentor, feel free to share these opportunities and connect the 17-25 year olds in our community to an Army professional.
For more details on the Army National Hiring Days, contact Sheryl Johnson, Chief, Advertising & Public Affairs for the U.S. Army Recruiting Battalion San Antonio, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-295-0624.
To view the recording of the SEAC committee and presentations, click here.
For more information on the Senior Enlisted Advisory Committee, please contact Lori Stinson, Vice President of Military Affairs and Leadership Development at email@example.com.