In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Alamo Colleges Economic and Workforce Development department launched a program designed to support local small businesses impacted by the pandemic by providing training to upskill or reskill current and new employees. The program, funded by the Texas Workforce Commission, Skills Development Fund, is free for eligible small businesses with under 100 employees (no sole proprietors) that complete the application process. Funding available will cover tuition and fees up to $1,800 per new hire and $900 per incumbent employee.
Limited slots are available. Application deadline is July 20, 2020. For questions, application materials, and submission please contact Kathy Fogle, Corporate Liaison, Corporate College at email@example.com or 210.485.0863.
Training classes available:
Small business eligibility requirements:
- Be a private business (Sole Proprietors are ineligible)
- Employ at least one and not more than 99 individuals companywide (including part-time, but not 1099 employees). NOTE: Only full-time employees are eligible for SSB program training.
- Be financially stable
- Be liable to pay Unemployment Insurance contributions to TWC and be in compliance with the reporting and payment requirements
- Be in compliance with the Texas Business and Commerce Code
- The employees have to be paid at prevailing wages in the state of Texas
- Must be current on unemployment insurance
For more information about the Texas Workforce Commission’s Skills Development Fund COVID-19 Training Initiative click here.