Yesterday, Speaker of the Texas House Dade Phelan released the House committee assignments. The Bexar County House Delegation is represented on Appropriations, Public Health, Public & Higher Education, and Defense and Veterans’ Affairs Committees.
San Antonio & Bexar Co. Delegation Assignments:
- Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer: Corrections; Ways & Means
- Rep. Philip Cortez: Urban Affairs – Chair; Higher Education
- Rep. Leo Pacheco: Higher Education – Vice-Chair; Licensing & Administrative Procedures; General Investigating
- Rep. Liz Campos: Public Health; Urban Affairs
- Rep. Barbara Gervin-Hawkins: Culture, Recreation & Tourism – Vice-Chair; Defense & Veterans’ Affairs; Local & Consent Calendars
- Rep. Steve Allison: Public Education; Public Health
- Rep. Lyle Larson: International Relations & Economic Development; Natural Resources
- Rep. Diego Bernal: Public Education; Urban Affairs
- Rep. Ina Minjarez: Appropriations; Redistricting; Urban Affairs
- Rep. Ray Lopez: County Affairs; Defense & Veterans’ Affairs
Both the Texas House and Senate will reconvene Tuesday Feb. 9, 2021. To-date, more than 2,300 bills have been filed for this legislative session, and an estimated 7,000 are expected to be filed in total. Count on your Chamber to closely monitor bills related to the Chamber’s 87th Legislative Agenda and keep you updated. For more information, please contact Stephanie Reyes, VP of Public Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (210) 229-2162.