To help Americans stay connected to their Navy while staying safe at home, the Navy Office of Community Outreach (NAVCO) will bring a virtual Navy Week to San Antonio, Texas, April 19 through April 25. Want to find out more about working with the Navy and the great missions they are accomplishing? Make sure you “dial in” and join the fun.
Navy Weeks are the service’s signature outreach program that enable the Navy to build and strengthen ties to the community, with over 250 Navy Weeks held in more than 80 different U.S. markets. Transformed to a virtual event as part of the nation’s ongoing COVID-19 mitigation efforts, the San Antonio virtual Navy Week will include live events on social media, demonstrations, interviews, and local media coverage of:
- Senior Navy Leaders – Flag officer and senior civilian Navy leaders with ties to San Antonio and surrounding area
- Conversations with sailors stationed aboard USS San Antonio
- Where are They Now! – Videos and live events featuring Texas natives serving in the Navy
- Navy Band Southwest – Virtual performances and masterclasses with Navy Musicians
- Naval History and Heritage Command – Educational conversations and lesson plans about the deep ties between San Antonio, Texas, and the Navy
- S. Fleet Forces – Stewards of the Sea environmental programs
- Office Of Small Business Programs – Doing business with the Department of the Navy as an entrepreneur
- Naval Medical Research Unit – San Antonio – Education conversations about advances in the medical field
- Navy Information Operations Command Texas – Educational talks on the cyber and cryptologic fields of study
- USS Constitution – Live, virtual tours aboard the oldest commissioned ship in the Navy
- Navy Parachute Demonstration Team – Conversations and skydiving events with the Leap Frogs
- Many other education-focused groups and events!
Due to the virtual nature of Navy Week San Antonio, participants and viewers will be able to interact with Sailors and units they may not otherwise have the opportunity to engage with due to their physical location.
“While we greatly value and cherish our face-to-face interactions with the public, everyone’s health and safety are our top concern,” said NAVCO’s director, Cmdr. John Fage. “Our virtual Navy Week in San Antonio will allow us to show everyone what their Navy does for them and why their Navy is so important, while ensuring they remain safe. We are excited to continue connecting with the communities we belong to and serve and are looking forward to a great Navy Week.”
Held in lieu of an in-person event, the virtual Navy Week will mark the first time since 2018 that a Navy Week has been held in San Antonio.
If your organization is interested in participating or hosting an event with the 2021 San Antonio Navy Week, contact Mr. Isaiah Sellers at (901) 229-5631 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the virtual and in-person Navy Weeks, visit http://outreach.navy.mil.