Early voting is underway in Bexar County for the June 5 City Council run-off election. Turnout so far is off to a much slower start than the recent general election, with just 11,161 votes being cast for candidates in City Council Districts 1, 2, 3, 5, and 9,
- District 1: incumbent Roberto Trevino and Mario Bravo
- District 2: incumbent Jada Andrews-Sullivan and Jalen Mckee-Rodriguez
- District 3: Phyllis Viagran and Tomas Uresti
- District 5: Teri Castillo and Rudy Lopez
- District 9: incumbent John Courage and Patrick Von Dohlen
The San Antonio business community understands the integral role our local elected officials play in ensuring San Antonio maintains a thriving economy. Civic engagement and participation in the political process is important to our community’s success. It is vital that we elect business-minded candidates to City Council who will support policies that help foster economic growth.
We know without a mayoral election or propositions on the ballot, it will be challenging to get voters to return to the polls for the second time in a matter of weeks. That is why it is critically important to get educated on candidates’ positions, get familiar with polling sites and voting hours, and spread the word about the importance of hitting those polls.
Your Chamber hosted Facebook Candidate Forums with candidates for Districts 1, 3, 5, and 9 on May 17 and May 21. To hear what the candidates had to say about key business issues, please click the links below:
- City Council Facebook Forum District 1
- City Council Facebook Forum District 3
- City Council Facebook Forum District 5
- City Council Facebook Forum District 9
Early voting began on Monday, May 24 and runs through Tuesday, June 1.
Early Voting Hours:
- Monday May 24 – Friday May 28: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- May 29 & June 1: 8 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- May 30 & 31: polls are closed for Memorial Day weekend
- View Early Voting Locations & Hours here.
To monitor Early Vote totals as Early Voting continues, click here.
For more information, contact Stephanie Reyes, Vice President of Public Policy at email@example.com or by phone at 210-229-2162.