Tomorrow is Election Day for the City Council Runoff races. Early Voting turnout for the run-off election was predictably lower than it was in the recent general election, with just 21,560 votes being cast for candidates in City Council Districts 1, 2, 3, 5, and 9, compared to 101,221 votes cast during early voting in the May General Election. View Early Vote totals here.
Candidates for City Council Districts 1, 2, 3, 5, and 9 are:
- District 1: incumbent Roberto Trevino and Mario Bravo
- District 2: incumbent Jada Andrews-Sullivan and Jalen Mckee-Rodriguez
- District 3: Phyllis Viagran and Tomas Uresti
- District 5: Teri Castillo and Rudy Lopez
- District 9: incumbent John Courage and Patrick Von Dohlen
The San Antonio business community understands the integral role our local elected officials play in ensuring San Antonio maintains a thriving economy. Civic engagement and participation in the political process is important to our community’s success. It is vital that we elect business-minded candidates to City Council who will support policies that help foster economic growth.
We know without a mayoral election or propositions on the ballot, it will be challenging to get voters to return to the polls for the second time. That is why it is critically important to get educated on candidates’ positions, get familiar with polling sites and voting hours, and spread the word about the importance of hitting those polls.
Election Day is Saturday, June 5 and voting hours are 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Please see June 5 Election Day Vote Centers here.
Your Chamber hosted Facebook Candidate Forums with candidates for Districts 1, 3, 5, and 9 on May 17 and May 21. To hear what the candidates had to say about key business issues, please click the links below:
- City Council Facebook Forum District 1
- City Council Facebook Forum District 3
- City Council Facebook Forum District 5
- City Council Facebook Forum District 9
For more information, contact Stephanie Reyes, Vice President of Public Policy at email@example.com or by phone at 210-229-2162.